SID means Seafarer Identity Document and BSID means Biometric Seafarer Identity Document. The seafarer Identity Document(SID) is crucial for seafarers and, now SID is compulsory for every seafarer. You can apply SID on the DG Shipping website, the details are given below.
If you are seafarers then you must apply for SID because this is also the most important documents for all seafarers, same as CDC and Passport. And now no one can fly for cruise ship or ship jobs If they do not have Seafarer Identity Document(SID).
This has also become a very important document for all seafarers. BSID is all about you which reflects the biometric data about you. Before a seafarer could not fly without CDC and now SID will be the main reason.
There are many benefits have SID, If anyone has SID then he/she will be able to have unrestricted movement in other countries during vacation. Seafarers will get recognized in the international market as a seafarer. It also helps to get more job opportunities.
DG Shipping SID Apply Procedure
To apply for DG Shipping SID is very easy for everyone, Here you can follow the step-by-step process to apply for DG Shipping BSID(Biometric Seafarer Identity Document).
Step-1. Download Mozilla Firefox 40.0.x or higher.
Step-2. Browse the DG Shipping SID login portal at www.dgshippingbsid.in.
Step-3. Login to SID portal using INDOS NO as username and password followed by you.
Step-4. Once login, Click on the link apply for SID.
Step-5. Here you need to check INDOS and CDC details and then click on ” Continue”.
Step-6. Check your personal detail in the given form and then click on ” Continue”.
Step-7. Fill the dispatch address where you want to deliver your SID and then ” Continue”.
Step-8. Here in other details they will ask you few question regarding CDC and passport Like:-
1. Have you ever applied for SID before? Yes, or No, Marked here No.
2. Are you under Debarred for applying? (A) CDC (B) SID, Yes or No. Marked here No No on each.
3. Please state whether you possess these documents? (A) Indian Passport (B) Indian CDC, Yes or No. Marked here Yes Yes on each.
Step-9. At last they will ask you disclaimer and then summit.
Step-10. You need to make a payment of Rs. 300 by online as per your choice like Debit card, Credit Card, Net banking, etc.
Step-11. Here you need to schedule an appointment as per the available date and time. They have a few centers in India Like- Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai. Noida, Goa, New Mangalore, Kochi, Vizag, Kandla(Gujarat).
Step-12. Print out of “Report and Acknowledgement” and carry at center with CDC and Passport.
If you have any queries then you can watch this video or you can contact me for any queries, the contact details given in video.
Document Required for SID or BSID
This is the whole process of applying SID or BSID, The SID is mandatory now for all seafarers. If you are applying for SID then you need India CDC only. If you have Bahama CDC or Belize CDC then you can not apply for SID. You need only Indian CDC for applying BSID online. So you need Indian CDC and Indian Passport for applying for SID. If you are from India.
Things to Remember While Applying SID
- Your internet browser must be support 128-bits.
- The minimum versions of Mozilla Firefox should be 40.0.x or higher.
- Your all the document should be ready and updated on DG shipping website in master checker.
- If anythings is mismatch in your CDC and INDOS then please do not apply for SID otherwise your appointment will get cancels.
- To make any change in your CDC and INDOS, you need to send a mail on “Ibsindos@vsnl.net” with a scan copy of your Passport, CDC, and INDOS certificate.
If you do not know how to do E-Learning on DG Shipping then you can visit here to know in detail.
Appointment Center in India for SID|
There are many center in India for SID or BSID where you can choose an available date and time and visit on time. These center are :-
- New Mangalore
- Kandla ( Gujarat)
So far they have a total of 9 appointment centers all over India. Here you need to choose Fresh Appointment if you are applying for the first time.
If you think you are not able to reach on center as per the appointment date and time then you can cancel the appointment and you can schedule for another.
You can change your appointment to three-time for free but If you change more than three-time then you need to pay another Rs.300 payment.
SID Collection Centre| BSID Collection Centre
|Noida||Mercantile Marine Department, IWAI Bhawan, 3rd Floor, A-13, Sector-01, Noida – 20130|
|Chennai||Government Shipping office/Seaman’s Employment office, Anchorgate Building 3rd Floor, Rajaji Salai, Chennai – 600001|
|Kolkata||Government Shipping Office Marine House, Hastings, Kolkata – 700022.|
|Mumbai||Govt Shipping office, Nov Bhavan, 10, RK Marg Ballard Estate, Mumbai – 400001|
|Goa||Mercantile Marine Department, Headland Sada, Goa – 403804|
|Kochi||Mercantile Marine Department, Willingdon Island, North End PO, Kochi – 682009|
|Kandla||Mercantile Marine Department, Plot No. 16, Sector-8, Government Office Area, Behind KPT Admin Building, Near Maitri Bhavan, Gandhidham – 370201|
|New Mangalore||Mercantile Marine Department, Type V Qtrs., First Floor, MMD Resi Qtr. Bldg, 23rd Street, Panambur, New Mangalore – 575010|
|Vizag||Mercantile Marine Department, # 7-8-26/A, Harbour Park Down, Visakhapatnam – 530003|
1. Is SID mandatory for Seafarers?
2. How do I apply for SID in DG Shipping?
3. What are the requirements for SID?
4. What does BSID and SID stand for?
How do I cancel SID Appointment?
It’s a very simple step to cancel SID Appointment, You just need to follow the instruction.
- open Dgshippingbsid.in the website on FIREFOX MOZILLA, Never open google chrome because the DGS website does not support Google Chrome.
- Here you need to log in with your INDOS NO. Password must be followed by INDOS No with 1.
- On the SEAFARERS MENU, you will find Cancel Appointment at number five, You just need to click on that and follow the instruction.
- You can cancel your appointment up to three-time with the same fees after that you will have to pay your appointment fees.
How to Reschedule appointment for SID || Reschedule appointment for BSID
- Simply log in to Dgshipping.in the website with your INDOS NO and Password.
- Click on Application Status on the Seafarers menu.
- You will find payment status active and,
- If you will see that your online application for a SID card has been successfully submitted. and Here they will ask you to schedule your appointment.
- There you will find types of appointments like Fresh appointment, Lockdown appointment, and UK_ Brazil Appointment.
- Here you can choose a fresh appointment or a Lockdown appointment and then you will find Appointment center options.
- You can choose as per nearest appointment center.
Seafarer Identity Document Image
DG Shipping SID Contact Number
Government Shipping office, Nav Bhavan Building,
10, R.K. Marg, Ballard Estate, Mumbai-400 00l ( India )