Cruise Jobs for Freshers is a great opportunity to work onboard and earn a decent amount of money. But wait and read this article before apply for a cruise ship job as a fresher, This will change your life and It will help you to find a good choice of cruise jobs.
How a cruise ship job changes my life is really incredible, I would like to share a brief about my self like how I got cruise ship jobs and I make more than $30,000 USD in just a 26-month job on a cruise ship.
I got a chance to work on a cruise ship (Norwegian Cruise Line)as a restaurant steward and my salary was $901 USD per month.
It was my basic salary but after tips, promotion charges, gratuity, etc. I used to get paid more than $1000 dollar per month.
After the first contract, I got promoted as an assistant waiter, and my salary increase $1260 USD(basic) but I used to get paid plus $1500 USD.
Next contract I got promoted to a specialty restaurant and my salary was the same as an assistant waiter but we used to make good cash tips.
Working on a cruise ship is everything free like food, accommodation, etc. So I used to save my all money. If you want to know more about me in detail then please click here.
Choice of Cruise Line Jobs for Freshers
If you are really very passionate to work on a cruise ship then you need to start your career from a scratch-level job on a cruise ship. And these jobs profiles have very hard work Like Galley Utility, Hotel Utility, Bar Utility, Restaurant Steward or buffet Steward, etc.
If you want to join cruise jobs as a fresher then you need to do short term internship through hiring agencies. And they will teach you all the SOP and policies about cruise ship jobs then you can apply.
To get cruise jobs for freshers is very tough because no one is hiring as a fresher for cruise ship jobs. Only internship is the way you can get cruise jobs as a freshers.
Basic criteria to work on a cruise ship is must required If you are looking forward to work on a cruise ship.
Top 4 Cruise Ship Jobs for Freshers
- Galley Utility
- Hotel Utility
- Bar Utility
- Restaurant Steward/Buffet Steward.
1. Galley Utility
- Galley Utility Job is an entry-level job on Cruise Ship.
- The main duties and responsibilities of the galley utility are cleaning of galley department, washing the utensils, crockery, cutlery, etc.
- He is also responsible for cleaning the pot wash area, and all the areas related to the kitchen department.
- Galley utility is also responsible for pickup the stores.
- He is also responsible for collecting all the garbage from all floors and drop it at a designated place.
- Galley utility Salary in Cruise ship depends upon company to company, An average salary is around $400USD to $800 USD per month.
- The basic requirement for a cruise ship job as a fresher is a secondary school pass and good communication.
- The working contract period will be 8 to 9 months for every contract.
- No weekly off for any of the crew members on board, In case of any medical issue, You will defiantly get off.
- You can apply for galley utility jobs for freshers.
2. Hotel Utility
- A hotel utility job is a scratch level job in the housekeeping department on a cruise ship.
- The core duties and responsibilities of the hotel utility are cleaning the public area as well as the guest area.
- The hotel utility is also responsible for changing the garbage of all toilets from the public area and guest area.
- The salary of a hotel utility is also dependent upon company to company, An approx salary of hotel utility is $400USD to $800USD per month.
- The basic requirement of working on a cruise ship as a hotel utility is a secondary school pass.
- Good communication is mandatory to get a job on a cruise ship.
- The contract of a hotel utility will be 8 to 9 months.
- There are no weekly off for hotel utility onboard. In case of emergency or any medical problems, you will get off as per the doctor’s recommendation.
- You Can also apply for hotel utility cruise ship jobs for freshers.
3. Bar Utility
- Bar Utility job profile is a base-level job in the bar department on a cruise ship.
- The main duties and responsibilities of a bar utility are to pick-up the store, drop the garbage at a designated place from all the floors.
- Maintain the bar and bar area all the times including the bar store.
- The salary of a bar utility is around $400-$800 USD depends upon company to company.
- The basic requirement to join as a bar utility is just 12th passed and your communication should be good.
- The contract period of a bar utility will be 8-9 months.
- The working hours will be 10-12 hours every day.
4. Buffet Steward/Restaurant Steward
- Buffet Steward is an entry-level position in a restaurant department.
- A buffet steward will work in only buffet restaurant, crew mess, staff mess, etc.
- Buffet Steward’s main duties and responsibilities are refilling the buffet, cleaning the tables, taking care of the buffet, etc.
- On the night shift, the buffet steward is responsible for deep cleaning of the restaurant.
- The salary of a restaurant steward or buffet steward is $600-$900 USD depend upon company to company.
- The basic requirement of working as a buffet steward is a degree or diploma in hotel management or at least more than one year of experience.
If you are looking for the best cruise ship jobs agency near you then you must visit here, All these agencies are free recruitment agency.
Before apply for cruise ship jobs you must read the Pros and Cons of working on a cruise ship.
You can also read some most important cruise ship jobs Interview questions and answers.